Friday 16 June 2017

Book Review #80 : The Dead Girlfriend






Not really the best R.L. Stine book, I had expected lots of excitement, lots of horror or creepy things.

This is one of the earlier R.L. Stine books. It is an easy read, really meant for preteenagers who are looking for a little scare. If you take it at face value, it is a very entertaining story about a new girl who comes to town and meets a good looking guy whose last girlfriend recently died under mysterious circumstances, and perhaps she is next.

Sadly, the cover is pretty much the only horrific thing, that and some event that happens near the end. Other than it, it is a pretty tame and calm story. Sure there are some events happening that could give you a case of small goosebumps, but mostly I was wondering when the real excitement would start, and as the pages went by, the end was coming nearer, I wondered if a few threats, a few arguments here and there would be all to the story.

Sure, it kept me excited to find out who did it. I had a list of people who could be possible suspects, but I can say that finding out who did it for real was quite a twist for me. The plot, as I said, was pretty boring. I was expecting lots of ghosts, lots of horror and hauntings, but well, meh.

The ending was pretty decent, but it felt like it was cut off short. 
 
Would I recommend this book? On the one hand, yes. But it is also quite a bit of boring and blandness. If you are looking for a scary book, I would recommend other books by this author. He has written some amazing stuff. But this book can be skipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!