Tuesday 14 July 2020

Book Review #137 : yesterday i was the moon


It's been quite the minute since I last read a poetry collection, so when my eyes landed on this book on Amazon - I was beyond keen on diving in.

‘yesterday i was the moon’ is a collection of poetry by noor unnahar - it explores courage, self-love, culture and the struggles of making peace with your heart and art. it contains black & white photographs paired with poetry pieces; giving it a photo diary feels. 

I think I'll be revisiting this book again, it's so beautifully written. I least expected this but each & every line was soul-touching. I'd recommend this to anyone who is remotely interested in reading poetry, it's strange to see that the book is not hugely recognized, but it doesn't matter, as long as it touches the hearts of people it comes to hold off. 

The book does not revolve around a particular theme, rather it covers the art, home, society, courage, strength, acceptance and culture. This is written with emotion, honesty and poignancy. 

However, the book has more drawings in it than any other poetry book that I have read till date, which means it is very short on content. It’s only 160 pages and has drawings on every 3rd page (which makes it more personal, and almost like a journal). BUTTTTT, I wanted more content. 

Reading Noor's words, you can smell the scent of love, passion, anger, and truth on every page. Her poems will speak to your soul like they were written for you. 

Ratings: 4.5/5 (I craved more poetry!)

1 comment:

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!