Tuesday 23 July 2013

Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother..

Disclaimer: I read this on FaceBook. This ain't written by me. I loved it and thought it essential to share!

Maa,

Like every girl, I was excited about marriage right from my childhood days.


I never thought beyond the time that I would spend happily with my prince charming. But today when I am married, I realize that marriage is not all roses.


It’s not just about being with your beloved and having a gala time. 

There is so much more to it. It comes with its own share of responsibilities, duties, sacrifices and compromises. I can’t wake up anytime I want to. I am expected to be up and ready before everyone else in the family. I can’t laze around in my pyjamas throughout the day. I am expected to be presentable every time. I have to talk in low voice, respectfully with everyone unlike home where I could scream and shout at things and demand. 

I can’t just go out anytime I want to. I am expected to be sensitive to the needs of the family.  I just can’t hit the bed anytime I want to. I am expected to be active and around the family. I can’t expect to be treated like a princess but I am supposed to take care of everyone else in the family. 

And then I think to myself, ‘Why did I get married at all?’ I was happier with you, mom. Sometimes I think of coming back to you and getting pampered again.


I want someone to cook for me too, run after me to eat food and bring something for me to eat like you always used to bring whenever you visited the market.

I want to come home to my favorite food cooked by you every evening after a nice outing with friends. I want to sleep on your laps like I have no worry in this world. I want to ask money for enjoyment from dad and again from you but now I have to think twice before purchasing anything. I was possessive about all my belongings but here I have to allow everyone to use my stuff because I cannot annoy anyone.

But then I suddenly realize, had you not got married and made such sacrifices in your life, I wouldn’t have had so many wonderful memories to hang on to. And suddenly, the purpose of all this becomes clear - to return the same comfort, peace and happiness to my new family that I got from you. And I am sure that as time would pass, I would start loving this life equally as you do. Thank you mom for all the sacrifices and compromises you made. They give me the strength to do the same. I will try to be a complete woman like you.

Love You Maa,
Your Princess.


12 comments:

  1. YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY CHRISTIAN BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. बहुत खूबसूरत एवं मासूम खत.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. राकेश श्रीवास्तव: thank you :)

      Delete
  3. hmmm..so this is how a newly married girl feels...gr8 yaar.. this knowledge mi8 help me someday..n that day I would be thanking you that you wrote this post..so thanx in advance..nice work..keep going..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imran: it surely will help you. :) thank you so much! this appreciation motivates me.

      Delete
  4. gud1 aayesha.... N so true also..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. did you got married recently ? :P because all your post seems to be originating from marriage topic :P .. btw nicely written !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no no Ankur Anand, I did not! :P
      even I wonder, and people like you, have questioned me too. As many of my posts do some under 'Marriage' section :P
      but thank you. glad you liked it. :)

      Delete
  6. Very well said Ayesha--and so sensible too.The last para changes the whole tone.
    I think you will be interested in my post--this is from a mother's POV.
    Love your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!