Friday 20 December 2013

Youthful Escapades Of Two Soul Sisters..

‘If your house burned down, a good friend would call and say ‘I am sorry...’ But a best friend would say, ‘Yay! Now, you get to move in with me!’

Every single soul on the earth has someone that they call a ‘best’ friend; more often than not, we've known them for as long as we can remember. Best friends, worth keeping are hard to come by, the ones who are there for us through thick and thin and become close for reasons unknown.

Friend- A simple word isn't it? A person that touches your heart and makes you laugh. You can spend hours with them doing nothing at all and it can be the best time of your life, just because it was with ‘them’. They're the people you can share your secrets with, cry with, laugh with, and just have fun with. They don't judge you or change you. They accept you exactly as you are. They look at you and they see a great person. You are tied together by memories, tears, laughs, smiles and deep love for each other.



There are some friendships that we remember forever. These are the friendships that were formed when we were children.

‘Everybody dies twice, once when their childhood ends!’

I believe the quality and depth of sharing is not the same as in adult friendships. Childhood friendships lack the drama and intensity that is shared in adult friendships. Whereas, adolescent friendships are often mad and intense, sadly not always permanent as much as you can be convinced they will be at the time - some long ago recorded memories of those sometimes dangerous escapades before you have to become a full fledged adult. At the same time, there is a certain carefree quality that exists between the two young children at play. They don't ask themselves complicated questions like whether they have enough in common. It is enough that they are two kids and that there is playing to be done.



‘Best friend’ means different things to different people. Some insist that you can have only one best friend. Others assert that they have best friends for different aspects of their personalities. Whatever the precise definition, your best friend is the person who gets you, as plain as that. They understand who you are and what you are saying.



I was lucky enough too, to hold, smell and taste the flavor of true friendship. Touchwood! The fondest memories we gather in the journey of life are the ones that remind us of our beloved friends! Though the person is not close by, these memories always linger. I too have a childhood ‘best’ friend - Stefi, a gem of a person. And the best part is, we continue being ‘best’ of friends for over years uncountable now.

It had been months since I met her, but today Dove gives me a chance to meet her. She is here at my place for the #DoveFaceTest. 


As we sit and remember, we laugh over those old childhood stunts! Girls always want to have fun and we attagirls had super duper fun together! 


Expressing our bond, happy memories and our games in paragraphs would be unfair. I choose to describe it in poetry - the purest form of expression of the love and friendship we share!
*************************
~ ‘Coz That’s What Best Friends Do ~

We are soul sisters, one of a kind,
Matching our frock and hair clip colors…
Three words that described us then -
Partners in crime!
Sharing our crushes, joking around,
The essence of those days,
The innocence called childhood,
Running faster…
To catch the window seat of the school bus,
We thought school was cruel then…
Finishing the torture called homework soon,
To get back to play together in the noon!


Moments of endless laughter,
Riding our Ladybird cycles,
Owning it was like having an own BMW!  
Priceless chats, our memories,
Of both bright and sunny days.
There are memories of your kindness,
And your thoughtful ways…
There are memories of all those notes,
We would write back and forth,
When we would just get together,
And talk of this or that.
I’ll remember forever…


By your side I would always stand,  
And you'd stand by mine too…
Because that’s what best friends do! 

You walked across this world with me,
To say that it’s okay..
To show me the right way. 



I still remember the first day we met…
In Kindergarten we were set, 
We were too shy to say much at all,
It's funny to think back to that time,
Because now we're having a ball!
Friends from then on,
Without a doubt!


Remember,
The grand wedding Barbie doll we played with…?
In her fairytale dress and veil,                                                  
Her ponytail in golden ripples,
And her adjustable joints!
Talking of our wedding gowns,
Twirling hair around with a pencil,
To get those perfect curls like Barbie,
Pearls & boas, dressed to the nines,
Lipstick on pursed lips, trying to stay in the lines…
Big wobbly high heels, on tiny, precious feet,
Little girls playing dress-up, weren't we sweet?!



From cute little girls of three,
We then grew up, to be teens,
To have blisters and pimples...
Remember, then you suggested me,
Your magic soap, ‘Dove’! 
‘Go for it’, you chirped!
You said, “Best friends share everything,
Even the secret to glowing, supple skin!”
Since then we lived wild and carefree,
Let our hair down and partied,
On the stage of life!

Every time I see you, it lights a smile on my face,
You are one of the girls…
That never over looked me ,
Once you saw me I was your sunshine...




You give me all these nicknames ,
You can't keep track!
I can't too…!

The unbreakable trust we share, 
I would never survive without you,
Every time I trusted someone,
It blew up in my face…
But I’m glad to have found my one true sound,
The one girl who I care for, for whom,
I’d put my life on the line...


I tell you everything because I know I can,
Who knew two girls so close,

Could be so very different,
Until we met!

I feel so strong when I depend on you. 
Through tears and fights,
Through smiles and everything,
Through love and hate,
Through betrayal and debate…
For you I would always have faith,
It is true,
We are best friends forever!

You are the one that came to me, 
When things went wrong…
I just sat there and listened,
When you cried out to me,
Maybe, we have telepathy…
I came to you with everything,
Holding my petite hand you said,
"I love you no matter what comes our way!"
You were the friend that came to me and said, "Let’s go get him!" or,
"I'll handle it sweetie" or "You're better without him!"




Today, as we sit exchanging tales about our past,
And laughing as the memories flow…
Within my book of memories,
Are special thoughts of you…

And all the many nice things…


As I turn the pages,        
And recall each single thought,
I realize the happiness,
That knowing you has brought to me…
And when I recall these memories,
As I go along life's way,
I find they grow more precious still,
With every passing day

Being your sister,
And your best friend, I know,
This kinship wouldn't end, ever!
I love you, my friend…
Cheers to our amazing blazing friendship..!
Cheers to Aayesha and Stefi.. :)


Image Courtesy: Mr Dependable, Google.
This is my entry for the Dove Guessing Game Contest organized by Indiblogger.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely post...:)
    All the best for the contest...:D :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.. the illustrations .. the pics have so beautifully merged with your words. :)

    All the Best Dear .. hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Aayesha! Lovely poem & pics :)
    Best wishes for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful posts..the pics are so nice and fit aptly with your post..ATB for the contest..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. thank you Ragini :)
      delighted that you liked it :D

      Delete

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!