Wednesday 25 December 2013

Versatile Blogger Award! Yay!

Hello readers. A few weeks ago, I received the Versatile Blogger Award from Karan Sampat at http://karan-sampat.blogspot.com/. I am really happy to receive it. Thank you Karan! It is always so nice to receive positive feedback from readers and fellow bloggers. I do try to cover a variety of topics on this blog while staying true to my niche of romance and inspiration.

These nominations always come as a surprise and I’m always humbled, honored and grateful that my writing has touched so many readers. 

When I first began this blog last June and started sharing my poetry, stories and views, insecurity weighed heavily on my mind.  I was thrilled to have had one reader, one like and one comment.  Then, over time, things grew…

I hope you can “feel” my sincerity when I “say” I’m very, very thankful.  And just to clarify, it’s not the recognition, but the opportunity to “touch” others, “move” others, emotionally and make others “feel” when they read ~  Thank you so much for “listening.”

I was really chuffed to get this acknowledgment. I’ve been writing this blog for about 7 months now and it has grown to a total of 68 pieces and thousands of words in which I’ve reflected on my own life and views.
I’ve intended this to be both useful and enjoyable and more and more feedback I’m getting, including this award, is indicating that I’m succeeding in reaching people who appreciate and sometimes benefit from what I’m writing. So, I also want to use this as an opportunity to thank all my readers, and especially all who have commented, pressed the ‘Like’ button, and even shared my blogs with others. This is the greatest compliment of all.

Right, now back to business. The working of the VBA is:
> Thank the person who nominated you,
> Share 7 things about yourself,
> Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award,
> Spread the news to them about it.

As part of the Versatile Blogger Award protocol, I am going to share seven facts about myself with you and spread the love by nominating other blogs.

> I am a believer in the concept of God, but I am secular. I believe if prayers are true, then it doesn't matter if you join hands to pray at a temple, church or at namaz.
> I am extremely quick at grasping things, me being the consistent topper at Engineering. :D I like learning new things. I feel it is a never ending process. Love exploring the philosophical side of things, observing things and people and then expressing them through creative avenues.
> I like to eat burnt rice! :P
> I love reading romance, and write the same too! My new-found passion and it is here to stay!
> I don't give up easily.
> I hate liars; I believe dil 'saaf' toh dil 'safe' rehta hai!
> I am a typical Scorpio with ditto matching traits and qualities!

Now, going onto the nominations part… I would like to share the Versatile Blogger Award with:


Congratulations people!
Thanks again to Karan and everyone who thinks my blog has something to offer. It means the world to me. I love to write, but sometimes wonder if I’m actually going anywhere with this, so having this affirmation really does help me get through self-doubts. :)


27 comments:

  1. yaye \ :D / congratulations :D
    Thanks for nominating me :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you Hozefa :)
      thank you for being such a sincere reader of my work :)
      you're such a blessing :D

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for nominating me... It means a lot :)

    And congrats to you for the award as well !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heartiest Congratulations, Aayesha for winning the Award! May you win many more! :)
    Thanks for nominating me! Honored! Will accept it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Aayesha and thanks for nominating me. Loved your thought - "I believe dil 'saaf' toh dil 'safe' rehta hai!" :)

    Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Congrats Ayesha..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats and thanks for nominating :) .. sorry for late reply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Ankur!
      congrats to you too :)
      that's okay :)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on winning the award... You totally deserve it... :)

    And Thank you so much for nominating me... I feel truly honored...

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!