Wednesday 23 March 2016

Value Of Words

I am amazed when pictures like 'How much time did you save by typing a 'K' instead of 'Ok?!' are circulated on social media. I agree, you save yourself a few milliseconds by not typing the complete word. But my take on this is, it all depends on who you're talking to.

For me, I can type lengthy songs and messages for people I adore and wish to continue my conversations with. And then, I can also slay all the Grammar rules, by just replying for the sake of it by writing just a 'ty' instead of a 'thank you' or just a 'gn' instead of a proper 'good night'.

Typing a 'K' instead of 'ok' may not save much of my time, but it surely sends signals to the person that I am talking to, that I am not really interested to extend the conversation. *winks*

As a writer, I know the value of my words and I know who to spend them on, effectively. Do you choose to spend your words with the right people or you think my ideology is mean? I would love to know! Do comment and share your view.

I am extremely happy as I am off to a mini vacation to Goa with my girlfriends from tomorrow, and my plan is to just let things be and go with the flow. What are your plans? And btw, Happy Holi to my readers, hope your life is colorful always! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!