Friday 24 January 2014

Sometimes The Heart Sees What Is Invisible To The Eye



‘It’s been ages, I saw Ritwik. He is my son. I miss him. Talking to him alone doesn’t keep me happy. I wish to see him.’

‘Let’s call him up and say, we are getting divorced. He will come rushing at this misery of ours,’ smirked Mr. Patil.

‘No, he might get frantic and explode on the phone. I wonder what makes him so busy all the 365 days of the year. The sky won’t fall down if he takes a week’s leave and comes down to visit us.  But no, he won’t!’ trailed Mrs Patil’s voice.

‘Hmmphhh! We parents are like erasers, erasing our child’s mistakes, we ourselves get hurt because of them and each time we lose a part of ourselves when we vanish their mistakes, just like an eraser; getting older day by day,’ Mr Patil said.

‘But, aaho we are made to be like this. To help them, get through. One day, we know we will be gone, yet,’ she said in her typical Marathi tone!

Suddenly, her eyes caught sight of Ritwik at the door, listening to each word of their conversation carefully.

‘Ma, please forgive me. I know I am at fault. It’s your anniversary today. Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye. I felt the pain in your voice when I spoke to you last. I am really apologetic about my hectic work schedule. I miss you both as much as you miss me!’ and the trio hugged as tears flowed down their cheeks.

‘We only need your love and kindness, Ritwik. We love you,’ muttered an emotional Mr Patil...and the tears never stopped.

‘I love you both too,’ said a nostalgic Ritwik.

P.SThis is in response to IndiSpire Edition 52! #tears
The above story is a piece of fiction written by me for Write Tribe Wednesday Prompt – 'Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.'
For more details: http://wp.me/p3yGYl-2p9
Also, day 24 at Ultimate Blogging Challenge

13 comments:

  1. so touching Aayesha! sad na our work keeps us away from our near and dear ones :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dis gives us msg dat sometimes we need to b at opposite side n try understand Der perspective!!!nice 1!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a world which is more connected than ever, we fail to see what our heart wants and tells... Nice prompt and I liked your story as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one, Aayesha. Nice words that will not be erased!
    I loved- 'we lose a part of ourselves when we vanish their mistakes, just like an eraser; getting older day by day'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D thank you so much, Anita :)
      glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  5. Love the post, Aayesha:) The heart always listen to the grief and concern of loved ones.
    http://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2014/01/23/wednesday-prompt-20144-sometimes-the-heart-sees-what-is-invisible-to-the-eye

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!