Wednesday 21 May 2014

You Must Be 'HE' I Was Seeking!

Oh passing stranger!
You do not know,
How longingly I look upon you,
You must be he;
I was seeking!

I somewhere surely,
Live a life of joy with you,
All is recall,
As we flit by each other, affectionately!
You give me the pleasure of your eyes,
Face, flesh as you take my hand in yours.

I am not to speak to you,
I am to think of you,
When I sit alone,
Or wake at night, alone.

I am to wait, I do not doubt,
I am to see to it that,
I do not lose you!

6 comments:

  1. Nice, read you after a long time and I guess I missed a lot of good words to read

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful poem, Aayesha and such superb words expressing a feeling and human identity is something I am relishing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have always believed in the saying that we meet people for a reason.. i've chanced upon some of the bets people.. i am yet to meet them but somehow i cannot even imagine going in and around without them...

    Sometime,s it is hard not to know if they are the one and this poem conforms the belief that there is one for each one of us and sooner or later we are going to be with the one we need to be...

    marvellously smooth piece of poetry too..
    my fave ick

    I am to wait, I do not doubt,
    I am to see to it that,
    I do not lose you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the same too, Shruti! Our wavelengths match and how! :D
      Thank you for calling it your 'favorite pick' :)

      Delete

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!