Tuesday 24 March 2015

Kellogg's Waale Guptaji ka Nashta


We have neighbors next door - Gupta's - I always smell aromas from their house, especially during breakfast. I wish to go to their nest one day and find out what's cooking, literally!

One day, we had a building function, an informal one. As Mrs Gupta asked me about my life and college, I decided to ask her about her breakfast, foodie that I am!

"Breakfast is the first meal of the day, it should be eaten well. Breakfast first, rest later - is the rule at my home," Mrs Gupta said. "I want happy hellos and smiles on my table every morning rather than sad grumpy faces of my husband and kids. Hence, I choose to pep up the breakfast each day without compromising on the nutrition value."

"My main issue is with the breakfast aunty," I told her.

Surprised she asked me, "How come?" I replied quickly making a sad face, "I don't like omlet and often I get bored with regular bread and butter too."

She said, "It is simple, beta! Start your day with a healthful bowl of Kellogg's cornflakes in the morning and you’ll be on your way to a great day."

"Really aunty?"I raised an eyebrow. "All that aroma daily from your house belongs to cornflakes?"

Amused to hear that, she said, "Not just Kellogg's cornflakes but many things added to it, to make the breakfast royal."

"Tell me aunty, I want to know the mystery today!" I urged her.

"We treat our tummies with Kellogg's cornflakes and added garnishing. You know, fruits are the best for your health. And fruits combined with healthful cornflakes make your breakfast salubrious."

"Sounds yum, aunty. Please continue." I said.

"See, I have named few recipes myself, according to the situations at my home. For example, if my kids have homework to do along with the breakfast - I have something called 'Homework Wala Nashta' - easy to hog with basil curd dressing and cornflakes." 

She removed her tab to show me the pictures of her recipes she had clicked. I will share a few in my post here.


"Check this one! Cornflakes with honey and almonds - I call it 'Chup Karane Wala Nashta' as everyone is utterly happy with this one and eats without making any noise!" and she pointed to another, "See this is 'Movie Wala Nashta' -  with cornflake popcorn clusters!"




I was simply spellboud!

She continued as she swiped the images on her tab, "See this is cornflakes with some banana and walnuts. You can use other fruits like strawberry too for variety." It looked yummy. My mouth watered and I was all nom nom!



"I'll show you my favorite - 'Nakhre Wala Nashta'," she said. She swiped to another image. "Chapatti Cornflakes Chivda - the one I simply love, we can use leftover chapatti's with corn flakes and some spices over it! I pamper myself with this one." She winked!



"Wow, aunty, all look super delicious!" I said.

"You can come over someday to our house for a power packed nashta! I'll share some easy recipes with you too!" Mrs Gupta said.

"Oh, that will be my pleasure, aunty! I'll come soon to experience your hospitality." I replied quickly!


*     *    *    *    *     *

With over a 100 mouthwatering recipes, Guptaji’s family sure knows how to whip up the perfect breakfast for any occasion! This is why I want to go to their house for nashta. 

4 comments:

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!