Monday 20 June 2016

4 a.m. Thoughts



Maybe things don’t happen for a reason. Maybe we’re just grasping for ways to make sense of the chaos around us. Maybe we’re giving meaning to things that have no meaning. Maybe we’re clinging to hope so hard that we forget about reality. What if we’re wrong and nothing is meant to be? We’re just lost souls wandering endlessly, desperately seeking comfort from the notion that things will work out in the end no matter what. What if we’ve tricked ourselves into believing that everything will be okay in the end just so we don’t have to face the reality that maybe it won’t?

I feel everything. From the bath water that’s slightly too cold, to the pain in that old man’s eyes as he walks through the street and wonders how he came to be so alone. I think such small and intricate thoughts; untouched blades, so dangerously sharp. These thoughts cut the deepest and yet a part of me craves to swim in a river of red. I want to watch myself bleed in the comfort of knowing I’m not alone and nor are the hidden droplets of life that no one else has thought to look for.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I'm always awake at these hours. But mainly because our dogs are waking me up to go. :D

    Wonderful read though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Lux! Though I am happy, nothing to worry in your case ;)

      Delete

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!