Tuesday 6 September 2016

Book Review #64 : The Calling – Unleash Your True Self

Author: Priya Kumar
Publisher: Books That Inspire
Pages: 166



After reading The Calling, I realize Priya Kumar's true calibre and I feel so fortunate to be knowing her now. Few weeks back, her team messaged me on Twitter, to know if I would review her book. Immediately I went on to find and read more about her.  And I was amazed, how I didn't yet know about such an amazing woman, who inspires and motivates so many people out there.

The book arrived in my mail along with a letter and gift packed so meticulously! The gift was a cup with the book's theme, and with message written on the first page of the book as well. I love personalization, it impresses me and all this further packed me with a lot of enthusiasm to go forward with the book.

This book is an inspirational and motivational piece of fiction. A story that most of us working professionals, living the fast life, chasing our work goals with the only aim of earning and climbing the career ladder; will relate to. It’s a story of a man, Arjun who is given a reality check and understands what and how his life took a wrong turn and how to rectify the mistakes that are made.

You would really find your calling, if you go past the first few pages of this book. You’d never really regret reading it till the end. It is a gem. But, if you are going to give this book a miss, either you are already on the right path in your life or you’re just ignorant of something that holds the true power to unleash your inner self.

In the fast pace of city life, in the race of conquering everything and trying to make everything perfect – whether it’s family or work or something else, we forget basic ethics, morality and well can even forget who we were or what we wanted to achieve in the first place. The Calling is a book that will make you think about a lot of things in your own life.

The Protagonist's encounter with the sage gives out knowledge you would want to seep deep  into your psyche. Yes, the book does that to you.

The book is filled with a lot of wisdom. Everyone would find something for them in it. You’d surely feel the mountains calling out to you. The characters are so neatly presented that they never deviate from the essence of the plot. And there were some quotes which I super liked– making me ponder about life before continuing to read.

Overall, The Calling – Unleash Your True Self is a book which is on the lines of The Alchemist and The Secret. Some books are meant to be chewed and swallowed. This motivational book by Priya Kumar is one such!

Highly recommended book for all those who love motivational books that can really open your eyes and provide you with rich insights. This book is about something all of us need to be reminded of, I won’t reveal much but as I said, it’s a reality check we all need. This book can change your life and guide you towards your calling in life as it has in my life.

Thank you for creating The Calling, Priya.

Rating: 4.8/5

2 comments:

  1. I need some inspirational and motivational piece of fiction myself. I will have to look for this too. Thanks for your honest review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the perfect find, Lux. Not just this, the author has written many more inspirational books. Happy reading. :)

      Delete

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!