Friday 5 February 2016

Nano Fiction 23 : Forgiveness


Don't you curse him? Aren't you angry with him for abandoning you all of a sudden?

She replied, "Slowly, he wrote me; out of his story, but I don't curse him. Weak people curse those who have wronged them. I am strong. I forgave someone who wasn't sorry for what he did, and with time I have learnt to accept an apology I never received."

             ****                     ****               ****                ****            ****            ****

Relationships in the age I live in, die due to ego, pride and an improper attitude towards each other. I wish, people remembered that no one in the history has ever choked to death from swallowing their pride. If you realize you are wrong, it's never too late to admit. Never admitting your fault - totally murders your relationship.

I read a quote somewhere - "Saath chodne walo ko toh ek bahana chahiye, warna nibhane wale toh maut ke darwaze tak saath nahi chodte."

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that crushed it. If someone has wronged you and moved on, forgive them anyway. Do not give them a rent-free space in your mind and heart.

We cannot expect the other person to love us the same way we do to them. Each one is programmed to love differently.

Sometimes letting go is better than holding on. It does a little less damage, I have realized.

I wrote a little poem in Hindi, one night, when sleep failed to reach me and thoughts poured..quite well!


Kisi ko maaf kar dena,
Hai kitna bada hunar!

Na kar uski chah jo hai kho gaya,
Na dho bojh toote rishton ka...

Na ho woh azaad,
Na tu,
Jab tak karo na ek dusre ko tum maaf.

Apno ko toh sabhi maaf kar dete hai,
Gair ko maaf kar,
Tab banega tu bada aey insaan, 
Apne khoon ko maaf karna,
Hota hai aasaan,
Hai na badappan usme koi,
Dusron ko bhi insaan samjh,
Kare jo maaf,
Woh kehlayega bada...

Maaf karne se hota nahi koi chota,
Buss hota hai mann halka...
Har galat kiya, jayega bhool,
Khilenge khushi ke phool.

Na de apne dimag aur dil me bewajah jagah usse,
Na paal malaal,
Karde maaf,
Ho jayega tu aazaad,
Maafi mein hai taakat badi!

4 comments:

  1. Well written, Aayesha. Sometimes giving forgiveness to the ones who wronged us and never bothered to even acknowledge it, is the sweetest revenge.
    Missed reading your posts. Glad to be back here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Vinitha! Long time!

      Well said, I resonate with your thoughts too! :) I believe kill people with love and kindness.

      Glad to have you back too, believe me. :)

      Delete
    2. That feeling is mutual dear! Which software are you using to create these wordy pictures? Looking perfect. :)

      Delete
    3. I make them in Powerpoint, then save as .png image file! :)

      Delete

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!