Tuesday 25 February 2014

Winning Mindset


Winning is about being alive.

Winning pushes you to further replicate more wins!

Winning is always something that keeps you grounded, never gets to your head.

For me, winning begins when you think you would not live through the day, yet you do! 

Winning is, people respecting you, for what you are and not for what you pretend to be.

Winning to me, is to see my parents happy because of me. Winning is when they say, they are proud to have a daughter like me.

Winning is not only when you are receiving, but also when you are giving; giving such that the person can never repay you back.

Winning is not when you are the best for once, it is getting better each day!

Winning is not winning materialistic things, but winning a valuable possession like someone's trust.

Winning is when you realize that the things you are passionate about are not random, but they are your calling.

Winning is not losing faith and getting discouraged, but believing that you are born to win and someday you WILL!

Winning is being stubborn and knowing what will work and what won't! 

Winning is being passionate about your work, deeply liking what you do! It is not excelling at everything; but being known as THE BEST for what you love doing!

Winning is not letting anything that happened yesterday affect you today.

Winning is not about today, it is about being a visionary. It is about creating a better world, so that people remember you even after you die.

Your attitude, not your aptitude will determine your altitude,’ quotes Zig Ziglar!

I think the winner is the chef who takes the same ingredients as everyone else and produces the best results.

Bruce Lee quoted, ‘Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely. Lay your life before him.’ Winning is also giving a tough fight!

Winning has such an emotional impact on us, does it not?  What I believe is that it's great to build a winner's mindset instead of obsessing about winning.

Winning should not be to feed your ego and boost self worth, it may sure propel you to temporary victories but will still not take you anywhere worthwhile.

Is winning only what happens when someone else loses? Do you have to finish first every time you play a game in order to feel like you have won?

Some believe, ‘If I don't finish first then I'm a loser. Even if I finish 2nd I am still the first loser!’ With such a superficial mindset, you have more to lose than gain!

I have always viewed “winning” as a competitive attachment. After much speculation, what I have found is a whole new world where life is lighter, the word “win” doesn’t need to exist.

My true “wins” are inside of me, not external of me.

If you win the race and stand alone – have you succeeded? In order to feel a real sense of achievement, you need to reach inside and align your goals with what feels right for you.

Often our aspirations are based on outside expectations resulting in hollow victories. All of us have the ability to listen to ourselves – to hear what is really going on inside. 

The problem is, with the outside noise of life with all its expectations and assumptions it drowns out our inner voice. And we proclaim ourselves as LOSERS.

My idea of winning is not limited to just collecting trophies and certificates; it is a broader spectrum. I believe each of us is a WINNER! We just don’t celebrate the fact.

This post is exclusively written for ‘WINNING for India Today Conclave 2014’ Contest powered by Indiblogger. For more details visit http://www.indiatodayconclave.com

23 comments:

  1. Very true, Aayesha! Great to learn your views.
    We all are Winners. May we celebrate :)
    But, only 5 Bloggers will earn the passes to Conclave!
    Best wishes to us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anita :)
      That's the unfortunate part! Only 5 bloggers; mujhe bhi jaana hai Delhi :D
      best wishes to you too :)

      Delete
    2. You are going girl! pack your bags!!!
      Congrats for the Super win! :)
      Winning is being a Winner & meeting Winners!

      Delete
    3. :D
      thank you for letting me know the results first, Anita :)

      Delete
  2. well written.. views all the best for contest :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice pathos. A short yet thoughtful post it is. And as Anita wrote, we all are winners here :)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is EXACTLY the kinda post I wanted to read.. while i appreciate people who put in their heart and soul to write poetry depicting how life is all about winning... I have a very different shade.. this is exactly what i wanted to see, read and hear when i was surfing through contest entries...

    Particularly loved the line.

    "My true “wins” are inside of me, not external of me."

    Yours is few of those entries that made my entry stalking spree worthwhile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Re-reading your comment again and again! So flattering :D
      Glad that you liked it so much! :)
      Thank you so much! :D
      I am delighted I made it worthwhile for you :D *happy*

      Delete
    2. I am never notified of replies on blogpost blogs... glad you won. i popped over and read this..

      I am seriously glad you won it.. Of the few entries I loved, yours made it.. mighty congies :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you :)
      So glad to hear that! Your comment was the loveliest :)

      Delete
  5. Bets of luck with the contest babe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved "MY TRUE WINS ARE INSIDE ME"
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations for winning this contest!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Read it just now. It truly deserved to win! Its a post which one can read again and again. I already read it twice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Aayesha..Indeed a very well written piece. Have a good time there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, sweet and simple...
    I concur with this most.....Winning to me, is to see my parents happy because of me. Winning is when they say, they are proud to have a daughter like me.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!