Wednesday 11 June 2014

THE Love Letter

 

A soul mate's purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life!

This is not a love letter. This is a document of appreciation - complete and utter gratitude. This is a certificate of the way you’ve changed the colors of my world and the weight you’ve sloughed off of my back when I thought I couldn’t carry any more of life. This is a contract of my heart, the way that it does not act the way that it should act, the way that it should act exactly the way it does.

This is an agreement from my mind to my body to my soul that I will love you until the day I die. I will love you until the sky turns black and we forget how to tell time. I will love you until the songs stop sounding like wind and wind stops sounding like memories. I will love you until everyone stops loving anything at all, until there is no more love to give, until the last star bursts into a supernova, I will love you until the universe will no longer let me.

This is not a love letter. This is THE love letter - stating the obvious, explaining the conditions, and creating clarity. This is my love!
 



 

11 comments:

  1. Wow Aayesha this is so good to read.

    All of it was exceptional, especially the second last para was too heart touching, great writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Imran! Thank you :) Glad you liked it :)
      Keep visiting ;)

      Delete
  2. "I will love you until the songs stop sounding like wind and wind stops sounding like memories" My favorite lines. Awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautifully written, Ayesha and awesome words of love:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely penned, Ayesha! :) :)

    - Rahul

    ReplyDelete
  5. long back, i had done a post on the love letter too... i remember it invested quote a lot of energy because i wasn't really in love that time.. to write of love without haivng a face to call your own can be a daunting thing.. however when we love love, we still write of love day in and day out...


    i love your choice of phrases here.. trust me, the guy you gonna pick.. he's going to be more than lucky... this piece of writing.. to whomever it is dedicated to... he has been immortalized for once and forever.

    my fave line in this post is

    I will love you until the universe will no longer let me.

    the phrases that you sued prior to this are equally brilliant too... somehow i am unable to get this line out of my mind because it speaks of a timeless love and the kind of love that will last longer than we can comprehend..

    i love love letters... they're special in different ways.. this will be my fave post on your blog so far... i have read it a total of three times now and every time i did, i fell more in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your letters, Shruti. They were simply awesome! :)
      Glad you loved it :D
      That's one thing about words, they immortalize the one they are written for :)
      Favorite post? WOW! :D

      Delete

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!