Monday 9 June 2014

A Ritual Called 'Marriage'

Marriage brings certain fears and anxieties. It fills you with a paralyzing fear.

Am I ready?
Am I making the right choice?
Perhaps each of us have moments in our lives when it feels like time slows down or the air becomes still and everything around us seems to draw in.
Marriage isn’t for you. You don’t marry to make yourself happy, you marry to make someone else happy. You  marry for a family. Not just for the in-laws and all of that nonsense, but for your future children.
Who do I want to help me raise them?
Who do I want to influence them?
Marriage is about the person you are marrying, the person you love—their wants, their needs, their hopes, and their dreams. That becomes a 'soulmate'.
Selfishness demands, “What’s in it for me?”
Love asks, “What can I give?”
P.S: 
1. Paradoxically, the more you truly love that person, the more love you receive. And not just from your better half or 'soulmate', but from their friends, family and thousands of others you never would have met had your love remained self-centered.
2. This post is for IndiSpire in response to ~
Soulmate not necessarily is life mate. What do you feel? Express your take... #soulmate

16 comments:

  1. Great post..the note at the end is the best part...:D :)
    All said is true :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your message at the end! Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have serious issue with those who say marriage is not for you but other people. A message beautifully woven Ayesha, short but sweet:)
    I wrote a short story and do have a look
    http://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2014/06/08/lane-256-kamathipura-mumbai-part-two/

    http://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2014/06/08/lane-256-kamathipura-mumbai-part-one/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marriage is for you and for those closely related to you. :)
      Thank you, Vishal :)

      Delete
  4. Reading this I know I am not ready.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have always seen marriage as the winds of change.. the type of change i have come to detest because it will be clipping a lot of my wings.. i know that in a matter of time it is a finality i have to blend in.. but that by no means mean that i am not scared of it..

    for someone who has more flaws than fingers, more insecurities than confidence, it isn't easy but somehow reading this post... it made me eel better... you give people the hope that things happen for good that there is a silver lining in all the clouds and that things will always take shape in the right manner and for the right reasons too.

    you can inspire people and you can also inspire those who have given up on hope... i am so blessed to have come across you.. your belief in the greater God and better things makes you a gem everyone will be happy to have..
    you will belong one to one and by GOD that person is going to be one hell of a gem...

    with the love you have, you're THE PRINCESS of ROMANCE <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Clip a lot of my wings'.. Aren't we all insecure about it? :P
      Oh! I gave you the hope? the positive hope? Wow! Soooo good to know that!
      I am blessed I know you too :*
      You completely flattered me here :D
      The tag at the end :D Made my day! :) Mwaah :)

      Delete
  6. A very interesting post... I totally agree with you :)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!