Monday 9 May 2016

Nano Fiction 36 : Summer Of 2015

Basking in the merry of the lovely emails I received from my students for the previous post, I was just wondering how did the month of May start and is almost half done! And with that, I recollected this time of the month last year! It was absolutely amazing, last year as by this time I was done with my Master's Thesis, traveled to Chennai, attended a few amazing blogging events, met Kapil Dev, and on the personal front, the month was super amazing! Yet, May was the beginning of an end, an end I could never see coming.

Some memories you remember just like they happened yesterday and live by, for your whole life. Such was the Summer of 2015! Each day crystal clear in my memory.

Sometimes, you don't get time for proper goodbyes to things or people. Some chapters will never be written or forgotten. That's how it is supposed to be, however cruel it be. 

Some images, some people, you don't need cameras and photos to remember every detail of their faces. You just learn them, and it is unforgettable.

What lasts, lasts; what doesn't, doesn't. What time cannot solve, you have to solve yourself.

As I look back, at the year that passed by, lot of things drastically have changed. I realize you do not get to choose the events that come your way, the sorrows that will interrupt your life and change its course. Such things catch you unprepared. You have to suffer and still keep your composure. That kind of a pain changes the way you perceive life.

I wonder why people spend huge on drugs - to get high. For me, certain people are like drugs. You take a hit once and then keep burning your lungs out, until you're numb and can feel nothing. They leave you with euphoric madness. Humans are addictions. Taming the emotional ogre is what is difficult for me. As I get too attached with people, things. 

The love for certain people will always be there, no matter what happens. You will always have a soft corner for them in your heart. But you also know, getting them again/ going back to them will do you no good.

But like I always believe, every situation has something good and bad. Learn to remember the good. This post is an ode to happy times and positivity.

Also, as I was scrolling through my emails, I came across my novel draft, which motivated me to restart it again. 

Never should one leave love stories incomplete. As I recollect that, I know what to do with my free time now! 

We find glory in what we experience and we writers, can even experience what we 'want' to experience - by writing about it; it is like living it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!