Sunday 25 September 2016

The Muslim Bride


I began to imagine my sister in the bridal look, I wondered how happy she will be when she is totally dressed up in the bridal attire, with jewels shining all along her neck, palms and forehead, her long straight hair with a maangtika in the middle and some gold thread running all along the length of her hair.

I continued to imagine her with her hair tied tightly and a single strand falling on her face from time to time, her eyes with mascara and eyeliner, which makes them appear darker and more beautiful, and was in total contrast with her fair skin. Her lips with blood red lipstick and gloss, which she bites from time to time, whenever she is nervous and her hands decorated with mehendi… Her arms covered with red, golden glass bangles, which jingle, as and when she moves to settle her hair and to wipe off even the tiny drop of sweat that appears on her face.

Everything makes her look like a real angel. And then I imagined her moving slowly towards the stage with her nervous, shy eyes…wearing that red lehanga with her groom!

4 comments:

  1. I'm in love with this couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful Pink story about a couple in love. Love this way is eternal. Well done, Aayesha:)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!