Sunday 26 November 2017

Steadfast In Love





Sometimes when we are sitting side by side, I look down at your shoulder blades. I follow their soft slope down your arms to find your hand locked into mine. There is both a softness and a strength behind the shapes of your body.
The rounded lines almost tell lies, but I know the endurance they have faced. I know the weight they have lifted—the hardships can’t be seen on the canvas of your skin, but I know they are there, just an inch below.
We can’t describe our lives as anything less than blessed. The clashing of our personalities is heavenly. We only become stronger and more steadfast in our love…because our love is not a fragile thing. I smell your existence like smelling a nearby daisy field. We were two accidents, that were waiting to happen.

As I hurled myself into your destiny, I found you, when I wasn't even looking for you. Love found us both. And joined us together like two continents colliding with one another. We were meant to be.

Written for a friend's wedding :)

1 comment:

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!