Tuesday 2 December 2014

Book Review #22 : He Fixed the Match She Fixed Him

Title: He Fixed the Match She Fixed Him
Author: Shikha
Publisher: Vitasta


Shreya – I'm a highly qualified Delhi girl earning an enviable salary.
My parents are having a tough time finding a suitable groom for me. However, recently they have a proposal from this very interesting guy from Mumbai. I almost get mesmerised when he starts talking to me. I think I like him very much.

Kunal – I'm owner of a textile company in Mumbai. My Mom wants me to get married. Again. She has recently suggested a suitable girl from Delhi. What my Mom doesn't know is that I've met Shreya before once in my life and I've been looking for her ever since. I have a vendetta to settle.

The author takes you along on a journey via roads of revenge, agony, remorse, attraction, titillation, tantalisation and romance. Do Shreya and Kunal make it, or do they fall prey to their past?

*************

A new love story to hit my shelf recently: He Fixed the Match She Fixed Him by Shikha.

I loved the cover! The title chosen by the author instantly pumps you to dig for more. It is about a strong woman who not only mends her marriage but the man too. Interesting, isn't it?

First of all, this isn't a typical lovey-dovey love story! It is an intriguing read that makes you effortlessly flip pages!

This is a story of twists and turns, where a woman is made a pawn by the very man she marries. It is fast paced and hits you emotionally! This book goes on to narrate the most authentic way of dealing with human relationships.

The book starts with finding a match through the arranged marriage route in this e-age world. It strikes a perfect balance between traditional values and modern outlook. One can relate to the story since beginning and can see resemblances from one’s own life or people around. Every now and then comes the jerk and you are transported to an amazing turn in the story. The novel fills you with a plethora of emotions. It takes you through a journey of suspense, revenge, love, hatred, attraction, agony, repentance, realisation and romance in 300 pages.

I loved the detailing that the author has put into explaining the facts. The plot of the book is well planned and everything is revealed at just the right time! I like thick books, and more even when they get better with each passing page!

Shikha has interwoven the personal relationships, not only restricting to a man and a woman, but to our society. There are no loopholes and the story flows linearly. Kudos to a debut author for such a flawless work.

Language used in the book is easy to comprehend. A witty read that will grab you from start to finish at one go. It will win your heart and linger your mind with all the positive thoughts about marriage. It is a complete package.

There are no villains in this book. All the characters are sketched flawlessly apart from the two main protagonists. A sweet book with a meaningful message. If you are bored with the usual love stories, this is the one you should get. An enjoyable, breezy read! Highly recommended.

My Ratings: 4.2/5

Kudos to Shikha for the out of the box, impressive trailer of the book. Check it out!



P.S: This review is for "The Bookaholics" (www.thebookaholics.in)

3 comments:

  1. An interesting title for the book!
    Awesome review, Aayesha :)
    Wanna read to know what really happens.
    Why would he want to take revenge? How come she doesn't know that he wants to use her as a pawn?
    Some Questions in my head :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super video!
      Enjoyed watching it! Really creative.
      Kudos to the makers :)

      Delete
    2. Read the book to get answers to your questions, Anita ;) :)

      Delete

Commenting is blogger currency. Thank you for reading, now I would like to know your views too :) Your comment is important!